With the growing concerns over the covid-19 outbreak we are implementing a few changes to our classes.
Firstly, classes are still ON.
- We will not be practicing any contact drills for the next while until the concerns over the spread of the virus have abated.
- We will not be lending out any of our club-owned hand pads.
- We will not be using our striking pads/kicking shields/breaking boards, or Bob.
- We will have an assigned person who will scan in each member for attendance on the computer.
Here are some of the things YOU can do:
- DO NOT come to class if you/your karateka is feeling unwell! Especially with a cough or fever.
- Bring YOUR OWN WATER to the dojo, so we don’t have so many mouths on the water fountain.
- Come to karate class with your hands washed with soap.
- Try not to touch your face. Try to explain this to your young karateka (student of karate).
- Avoid contact with others in dojo. This is where our bowing is handy!
- If it isn’t yours, don’t touch it.
We appreciate that we in this area of Saskatchewan are at very low risk for the spread of covid-19, however, when the nature of our sport puts us in such close quarters with each other, it only makes sense that we take these precautions.
Thank you for your understanding.
See you at the dojo!