Just a reminder to continue selling your fund=raising tickets!
You may have to get creative with how you collect payment from people who buy your tickets, but there are ways to do that.
When the time comes, we will let you know how to turn in your tickets and money. We’re working on that.
In the meantime, keep selling, keep practicing, stay home, stay healthy!
Due to the Provincial covid-19 action plan for schools, we have no choice but to cancel classes until such time the schools reopen and groups are allowed to resume their use of school facilities.
We encourage everyone to practice their kata and techniques at home to stay in shape, and hope to be able to return to regular classes soon.
Please share this with all members of our club so that everyone receives the message. We will be emailing all members as well.
With the growing concerns over the covid-19 outbreak we are implementing a few changes to our classes.
Firstly, classes are still ON.
- We will not be practicing any contact drills for the next while until the concerns over the spread of the virus have abated.
- We will not be lending out any of our club-owned hand pads.
- We will not be using our striking pads/kicking shields/breaking boards, or Bob.
- We will have an assigned person who will scan in each member for attendance on the computer.
Here are some of the things YOU can do:
- DO NOT come to class if you/your karateka is feeling unwell! Especially with a cough or fever.
- Bring YOUR OWN WATER to the dojo, so we don’t have so many mouths on the water fountain.
- Come to karate class with your hands washed with soap.
- Try not to touch your face. Try to explain this to your young karateka (student of karate).
- Avoid contact with others in dojo. This is where our bowing is handy!
- If it isn’t yours, don’t touch it.
We appreciate that we in this area of Saskatchewan are at very low risk for the spread of covid-19, however, when the nature of our sport puts us in such close quarters with each other, it only makes sense that we take these precautions.
Thank you for your understanding.
See you at the dojo!
For anyone who was planning to go to Melita tomorrow, the “Dojo Visit” has been postponed until further notice.
The Saskatoon/Warman (Living Skies) tournament that was scheduled to take place on March 20 and 21, 2020 has been cancelled due to concerns regarding the covid-19 virus.
We received the announcement late last night.
The organizers wish to express their sadness and regret at having to cancel their event and hope that all those who were planning to attend will do so when the tournament is rescheduled.
Our classes in Carlyle will continue as scheduled.
See you at the dojo!