Sensei Quinn and Sensei LJ were the 2014 recipients of the SWKKF Scholarships!
Here is the information from the SWKKF website:
The Wado Kai Student Development Fund offers two annual scholarships of $1000 each. All qualifying secondary students in Canada are eligible for selection.
To qualify for selection the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant must be involved in the Shintani Wado Kai Karate Federation. If the applicant is a parent or guardian of the student, the application will be judged on the parent’s or guardian’s accomplishments in the Shintani Wado Kai Karate Federation and their Sensei’s recommendation as well as the student’s admission grades.
- The student must be applying to a post-secondary institution such as university, technological institute, teacher’s college, nursing school etc.
- The student’s level of education must be sufficient to allow admittance to the post-secondary institution. Proof of acceptance into the institute will be required before the scholarship is released.
- All sections of the application must be fully completed and received at the address shown on the application by midnight June 30th.
All applications are judged on three equally weighted categories:
- Academic accomplishments
- Extra-curricular activities
- Martial arts achievement
What an honour that two recipients from Saskatchewan were chosen out of 15 applicants nation wide! SWKKF karate is alive and kicking in Saskatchewan!
We all know Sensei Quinn from our club. His hard work and dedication have made him a key member of Moose Mountain Wado Kai Karate. Many of us know Sensei LJ from Saskatoon. He regularly attends our tournament, always attends the Warman tournament, and is a member of our National SWKKF team.
Here is the official media release from the Federation. Scholarship Media Release August 2014
Congratulations, Senseis! Good luck as you begin your post-secondary studies!