In order to avoid or effectively manage interpersonal conflict (including potential violent assaults on your person), it is helpful to develop zanshin, the ability to live fully in each moment so you may be always aware of your environment. Zanshin is the ability to concentrate fully when necessary, ignor-ing all distractions.
Developing Zanshin Through Martial Arts Training:
Focused and consistent training will:
- Improve your self-defence potential when you train hard with total concentration
- Improve your awareness of your genuine skills and limitations: martial arts abilities, age, health, etc.
- Program automatic useful physical responses to danger into your system
- Reduce the panic tendency through the rehearsal of violent scenarios
- Generally toughens the mind, spirit and body